Well the Christmas season is in full blast around our house and here are just a few reasons why….
1. Decorating for Christmas with the neighbors using tall bucket trucks to deck out the super tall pine trees in our neighborhood.
2. Birthday celebrations for me with my family.
3. Walking through Winterhaven with a large group of our friends and having them all over for hot cocoa and treats afterwards. BTW if you are walking through just text us and we will supply you with some delicious goodies and hot beverages.
4. Being invited over to our neighbors for a big family dinner. This is the first time as a married couple (besides our time in Tanzania) where we have met and hung out with multiple neighbors. WE LOVE IT!!!
5. Hot tubbing in the middle of December. I LOVE ARIZONA WINTERS!!! Since I will be missing my fourth season of snow boarding, (I don’t want to talk about it! Mark my words I will be out there next year!), we decided to pretend as if we had finished a long day of boarding, instead we watched the Art of Flight a sweet video capturing some of the world’s best snowboarders pushing the limits of boarding, and ended the day chillin in the hot tub. Not quite the same but it was fun either way.
6. Random conversations with my husband including this one. Austin: “One day when we have time to be come Country stars (Never mind wanting to become Country stars), I’m going to write a song. It will go like this… (Austin in his most ridiculous singing voice), ‘Our love is SUPER DUTY. Da Na Na Na’ (His rendition of strong guitar chords that follow the catchy chorus line.)” His inspiration was a large F250 SUPER DUTY Ford pickup. He said he figures if there can be a song about a Red Solo Cup that can go big, this song is a sure bet. Life is seriously more fun when conversations such as this fill your day. I LOVE MY HUSBAND.
7. Grandma coming to visit to spoil baby James. Eating a delicious ham dinner and celebrating an early Christmas.
8. James celebrating his very first Chanukah as we do every year with our friends.
9. The coming of Austin’s 30th birthday on the Apocalypse. Poor Austin it’s bad enough that his birthday is on the shortest day of the year each year.
10. Remembering Jesus and soaking up the season of Advent as we celebrate the arrival of the Savior of the world.
For unto us a Child is born,
Unto us a Son is given;
And the government will be upon His shoulder.
And His name will be called
Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6-7