In this busy season of life, I am finding it more and more important to SLOW DOWN and BE GRATEFUL! By doing this I am able to soak in each moment more fully and live in the present. Today I have found a few very important things to be grateful for.
1. I am thankful for a healthy pregnancy so far. I recently found out that someone who is 31 weeks, just like I am, is in early labor and her baby may be making an early appearance. Although I know that they have great care for preemie’s, I am thankful that things have gone smoothly so far for me and Baby Baum #2.
2. I am thankful for time with close friends. I love having intentional time and conversations that are heart deep instead of ankle deep.
3. I am thankful for a husband who is willing to make my dreams a reality. In particular, I have been wanting to create pumpkins out of plywood for our “Pumpkin Patch” in our front yard to decorate for the upcoming holidays. This is not something I am good at doing on my own and I appreciate his willingness to help and creative abilities that made it all come to life.
4. I am thankful for a knee that works! Today marks ONE YEAR since my ACL/meniscus surgery. It was by far the most difficult physical challenge I have encountered so far. I am so thankful to be able to walk, run, exercise, play with James and do all of the other things that I could not do for a long time while recovering. I am so looking forward to running my next half marathon after having this baby!
5. I am thankful for James and his friends. We are so very blessed to have a great community of friends that have kids around James’ age. It is so fun to enjoy parenthood with close friends and to watch our babies grow together.
6. I am thankful for a God who tells me to SLOW DOWN and REST in Him. This makes my goals/to do lists/worries seem so trivial and allows me to soak it in, be at peace and live in JOY!
“Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30