It’s about time I update on Mr. James. He is just about the funniest kid I know! He keeps us on my toes and still feeds off of the energy of others. We are always laughing when he is around. It is so fun seeing how much he is learning and all of the concepts that he is understanding each day. Here are few things to give you an idea of what he is up to:
– Saying, ‘I wanna do it,’ or ‘I do it on myself’ (instead of by myself), any time you try to help him with anything. Can we say independent?
– Telling me everyone is ‘my best friend.’
– Calling Toast with Peanut Butter ‘Peen Toast.’
– Getting more difficult at times with tantrums. Most of them spark when he does not get his way, ha. Typical two year old. They are also found when he is woken up from his sleep. Trust me, he is best left to wake on his own. The difference in like Jekyll and Hyde.
– Saying hunnel instead of tunnel, and Oat Moat instead of Oatmeal.
-Using v’s instead of w’s for many words as in, ‘It’s not vorking mommy?’or ‘Are you going to vork daddy?’
-Potty training!!! HOORAY!! He is doing great which is a celebration. We are constantly telling him we need to put his underwear on, so much so that he calls them, ‘unerwear-on.’
-Jumping in the crib with the baby in the mornings shouting, “The baby’s happy” “You want to play baby?”
-Always knowing when I have hit my limit with the baby crying and sweetly going over to Charles to distract him. Charles adores James and whenever James has his attention he is smiling, laughing and happy! Their relationship is the cutest!
-He is loving reading books and is getting more and more curious as we dive into more books. Learning letters, concepts and new vocabulary everyday!
-He is still my Christmas boy who requests Christmas music often and dances around the living room happily when I oblige. Recently he asked me if we could decorate for Christmas over and over. I gave in one day and we pretended it was Christmas decorating with a few decorations, making a fancy dinner and wrapping up a present for when Austin came home. James was so excited to exclaim, ‘Merry Christmas Daddy!’ When Austin came home. He knew we were pretending, but it makes me very excited for this coming Christmas!
– He loves swimming and has been very proud of himself for being able to hold his breath. He tries to get your attention every second saying ‘watch me, I’m goin hold my bref,’ does so and then repeats it as long as you will pay attention. He is fearless while swimming. Loves jumping, kicking, splashing and using squirt guns. Swimming with him this summer has been one of my favorite things.
-He is picking up on phrases we are always saying. It really makes you aware of what you say all the time. He picked up on us saying, “I have a question….” and will now say that but does not always follow with an actual question. One time he said, ‘I have a question….’ and then exclaimed ‘Carrots!!’ and started laughing hysterically. Oh man.
-Praying at meal time, always making sure to pray for the dogs first.
-Wanting a slew of goodbyes before anyone leaves. It is almost like a secret handshake. First a kiss, then a nose kisser, then bonkinini (which is a light bonk forehead to forehead), then high five, pound it and blow it up.
-And my favorite for right now, staying up much later on his own after we have put him to bed. He plays quietly by himself for the most part reading books and playing with his toys until he gets tired enough to fall asleep. However, every once in awhile you will hear him banging at his drums or playing the harmonica. What a hoot.
Love you my sweet Jamesy!!!